Together, We Fight the Virus!
<< Together, We Fight the Virus! >>
The Government has announced the second round of relief measures, offering grants and subsidies targeting various affected industry under the outbreak of Coronavirus.
- Employment Support Scheme
- Subsidies 50% wage expense, with a maximum of HK$9,000, for 6 months;
- Employers must undertake that they cannot implement redundancy;
- First subsidy payment is proposed to be made in June 2020;
- Another one-off subsidy targeting industrial scheme and self-employed person under MPF to be provided.
- Subsidies and Aids for staff learning and corporate technology applications in a few specific industries;
- Provide one-off grants to the below “hard-hit” sectors:
- Tutorial schools;
- Service provides and suppliers for schools, e.g. catering and school buses;
- Registered Coach and instructor of interest classes;
- Private refuse collectors;
- Local primary producers (e.g. farmers and fishers);
- Exchange participants and SFC licensed individuals;
- Estate agency;
- Taxi and red minibus;
- Cinemas and publishing sector;
- Tourism industry;
- Construction industry;
- Aviation sector;
- Catering sector, including Karaoke, bars/pubs, nightclubs and refreshment stalls at public markets;
- Other sectors that were closed/ partly closed for safeguarding public health imposed by the Government.
- Enhance the SME Financing Guarantee Scheme;
- 20% fare deduction on MTRCL;
- Relax the threshold of Public Transport Fare Subsidy Scheme from HK$400 to HK$200;
- One-off interest free deferral of loan repayment for two years to students receiving loans from the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency;
- Extend deadline for payment of tax of assessment 2018/19 by 3 months.